Sep 3, 2009

Kevin just told me he popped my harvest cherry. Not cool.

Today was the first real brutal day of harvest. I clocked in 10 hours of solid work. We had about 100 tons of grapes come in today. I don't have any pics and I'm sorry, but imagine half-ton bins stacked 3 stories high, roughly 400 of them. And I spent half the day cleaning them. In 85 degree sun. Bitchin. Then there was the usual sorting in the cellar which is at least air conditioned.

Then it was back out to the press pad to clean clean clean. Future heads up, if Kevin ever asked you fi you've seen the Karate kid movie, then asks if you want to "rake the truck," politely decline his request. My whole body feels dead. I'm too old for this. And it's only the first day. My back kills and my dumb left arm that I broke when I was 4 is flaring up like crazy. Probably should have had surgery on that a few years ago. Oh well. I need to make all this work worthwhile. I need a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment