Sep 8, 2009

Captain Secret Face

Let me begin with my friend the fly. Late last evening when I was crawling into bed I heard a faint buzzing noise. I turned on the light to find I was in fact not alone. A fly had snuck into my room, I assume by accident, because if he had heard anything about me by this time he would have known I am an exceptional fly slaughterer. I spent the next 20 minutes hunting my new friend until eventually one of us had to win. Well the fly did. But when I woke up this morning, he was laying next to my shoe, deceased. In the end, it would appear I was the actual winner of this duel. Thus, I salute you, Crispin (I named the fly), for out maneuvering me. You will be missed.

Crispin RIP:

harvest wine grapes danger sonoma winery intern

As for the rest of my day, it was spent staring at shaking grates for 11 hours. Here is a pic of Cory right before we started for the day. He had just listened to Pantera so he was in a marvelous mood.

harvest wine grapes danger sonoma winery intern


If you notice he's sort of smiling a this point. By about 4 today we started to lose our minds. Mostly laughing uncontrollably over nothing, or at Dennis' stories. Speaking of Dennis, here is a video of his middle finger:

Dennis and his finger from Dane Gaffney on Vimeo.

So yes, Cory and I lost our minds. Conversation ranged from drinking breast milk to health insurance, then Vegas. Oh god Vegas. I think we have to sort another 45 tons tomorrow which will take most of the day. Can't wait to see where the convo leads tomorrow. I just honestly can't imagine it getting any weirder.

No comments:

Post a Comment