Sep 22, 2009

Things I suck at

I'd like to take a moment to point out the few things that I generally suck at doing at work. First, is rewinding hoses back up. There's a trick to it. I tried the tricks. Still no luck. I've probably folded up these things 100 times now and I still screw it up somehow, every time. Cory thinks this is pretty funny and I think he's a dick. But alas, what can I do? My inability to wind these damn hoses tests my manhood. I must conquer them before I leave this place.

Next is punch downs. I should just be honest and say I have no upper body strength. Combined with a bum left arm from braking it too much, and basically I can't handle it. I don't mind them terribly anymore. But after about a half hour my hands hurt bad. But you just have to tough that one out.

Watching out for forklifts is also a bit shady. I suck at walking in giant rubber boots as is, but combine that with dodging forklifts that roll around everywhere all day and you're just asking for disaster. I may be the only person to get hit by one in the winery's history.

Putting the destemmer back together is also a royal pain in the arse. I don't think I'm strong enough (once again) to pull the giant plastic part out. And I'm definitely not able to put it back. So I just have to make other people do it. I'm getting good at manipulation I guess, which should help me in the business world. Maybe?

That's all I can think about right now. I'm done complaining. Hopefully by the end of this I will have overcome my puniness. Until then, just gotta keep grinding it out.

Now here is a lovely picture I took on my bike ride to Lake Sonoma today. Days off rule:

harvest wine grapes danger sonoma winery intern

1 comment:

  1. Another thing you suck at: coming to visit your bff Liz on your day off.

    ReplyDelete